The following piece by Jim Byrd at A Skewed View tells it like it is. I appreciate Jim bringing this viewpoint to my attention. The solution could in fact reside in the messege and integrity of one man. History has taught us that many times it takes someone from “outside the box” and unwilling to conform to the status quo, to resolve the problems within.
If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.–Winston Churchill
The threats to our national security in the order of their threat level:
- George Bush’s lack of immigration enforcement since 9-11. His immigration plan would be the equivalent of putting bars on all the windows in the front of your house, adding three additional deadbolts to the front door, installing a state of the art alarm, placing armed guards in the front of the house and at the same time you leave the back door wide open and place signs in the front yard saying” come around back the door is open.” We were attacked on our soil by people who should not have been here. The absolute first thing would have been to shut down the borders and run anyone coming into this country from a middle eastern background under the microscope and find any and everyone not supposed to be here i.e. the 600,000 criminal illegals from around the world with expired visas, crimes, etc. that are still unaccounted for. Engaging in a war with a country that posed no direct threat to this country without addressing our borders and illegal infiltration is nothing short of ignorant. If a group of caucasians bombed a holy site in an Arabic country you could expect nothing less than the tables being turned. And justifiably so. It is the only effective way to stop it in it’s tracks.
- Michael Chertoff and the Office of Home Land Security. This weed is allegedly in charge of enforcing the laws that are on the books with regards to immigration and national security. Rather than focusing on building the border fence that has been mandated and funded, he has spent his time parading around the country as a politician and lobbyist trying to sell Bush’s snake oil immigration plan. His department is also responsible for the idiotic screening process at the airports. A 75 year old nun in a wheelchair is just as likely to be searched as a person who would fit the profile of someone who would be the most likely to commit an act of terrorism. You know who I am talking about. Keep in mind that not all Muslims are terrorist, but nearly all terrorist are Muslims. This should be tattooed on Chertoff’s forehead in an inverted fashion so he sees it every time he looks in the mirror. Michael Chertoff and the Homeland Security Agency would be better served consulting with odds makers in Vegas on who would be a more likely candidate as a terrorist, a nun or a person of middle eastern ancestry chanting Allah rather than bowing to political correctness for their inane procedures. In Vegas the house always comes out ahead.
- Alberto Gonzales and the Justice Department who is in the pocket of the Mexican government when it comes to prosecuting Border Agents vis a vis illegal aliens and drug smugglers. And for allowing the Mexican government to be involved in any capacity in the cases and witnesses being investigated on the U.S. side of the border.
- The Democrat controlled Congress has not passed any law or policy to weaken our national security-yet. They have tried but their efforts have so far been benign. They have been chipping away at the intelligence gathering procedures at Guantanamo Bay. The Democrats and their left wing loons are still wringing their hands over the tactics used to coerce intelligence from the prisoners there concerning national intelligence. If one of their children or spouses were captured and held hostage with threats of being beheaded and they had one hour alone with someone who knew the location of the hostage and they had anything at their disposal to get the information, what would they do? That should be the standard for extracting information.
- Al Qaeda comes in at fifth because even though they would attack us on our soil again, they are not a direct threat unless they are here. The misguided policies that have been in place since 9-11 and the political correctness that is driving our national security policy is the only avenue they need to execute an attack. They are here and the only thing keeping more from coming into this country is Chertoff and his Home Land Security Department. The Bush administration can expand F.I.S.A. all you want and listen to whatever they want but until all threats are eradicated from our back yard and their entrance into the U.S. is cut off, you can expect nothing less than another attack here.
The only person who has spoken the truth about the gapping holes in our national security is…
Read the rest of this post at A Skewed View.